Terms & Conditions
About us: In these Terms, references to “we” or “us” are to Helmsley Wines. Our registered VAT number is GB 195213994.
Our Promise to You
1. If you purchase any of our wines, or spirits, and there is a fault or if the wine is corked, we will arrange to collect the product from you free of charge and credit your account for the full amount of that bottle. If you have purchased the wine in a full case quantity, then we will refund you for the full case price as soon as we have collected the wine from you in satisfactory re-sale condition - however, this is on the condition that you have only opened one bottle from the case.
2. Delivery: Standard delivery is £9.95 per case of 6 bottles of wine unless otherwise stated (Scottish Highlands and non-Mainland deliveries excluded).
3. We will deliver to any address in the mainland UK (Scottish Highlands delivery charge may vary). For non-mainland & Scottish Highlands deliveries please call 01439 770829 to discuss pricing and availability.
Alternatively you can collect your order from Helmsley Wines for free. We will notify you once your order is ready for collected. This may take up to 5 working days.
4. Our usual delivery times are between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday (except on bank holidays), and we aim to deliver within 5 working days of you placing your order. If you are not going to be available to take delivery, please state a safe place where we can leave the wine and we will do so. Alternatively, if you are not home and you have not specified a place to leave the wine, our driver will leave a card and so that we can arrange a more convenient delivery time.
5. Vintage Changes: Due to high demand and constantly changing vintages, we may from time to time have to change the wines that you have ordered. We will send to you the closest vintage available to what has been ordered. If there is a stock issue with a product that you have ordered, we will offer an alternative for the equivalent or higher value (at no additional charge) so as not to delay the order from getting to you within our delivery terms.
6. Customer Satisfaction: If you are unhappy with our service in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01439 770829. We strive to handle all enquiries quickly and fairly. We will try to resolve your query immediately, however, when an immediate solution is not possible, we will keep you up to date on the progress of your query until a satisfactory resolution has been reached.
7. Pricing and Payment
7.1 All prices quoted are in pounds sterling and are per case (unless otherwise indicated). All prices include VAT and any delivery charges are additional.
7.2 Payment is taken via Paypal.
7.3 All prices shown online are for internet orders only. Given the nature of our business and fluctuating exchange rates, we reserve the right to change our prices at any point.
8. Age Restriction
8.1 Sorry, but you can only purchase from helmsleywines.co.uk if you are 18 years of age or older. By placing an order, you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
8.2 If you are purchasing from helmsleywines.co.uk with the intention of sending the wine as a gift, the recipient of the wine must also be over 18 years of age.
8.3 Our delivery drivers reserve the right to ask to see identification of anyone who they are not sure of being at least 18 years of age.
9. Order Security
All of our payment procedure is taken by Paypal, ensuring safe use of credit/debit cards online. We also have additional security to protect our customer database that is restricted to internal use.
10. Order Cancellation Policy
10.1 You may cancel your order at any time for any reason providing that the order has not been dispatched, This excludes special order items, and a cancellation fee may be charged.
10.2 You can cancel your order by calling 01439 770829 or emailing email@example.com.
10.3 We will credit you with the price of the wine within 30 days of the wine being returned to us in satisfactory condition.
11. Returns Policy
11.1 Not fully satisfied? If you are not happy with the condition any of our wines or spirits, we will collect the product from you FOC and refund* you or replace the goods without question.
11.2 Damaged goods? If some or all of your wines are damaged during delivery, we will despatch a replacement order and arrange for the full damaged case to be collected FOC. Please note that we may ask for evidence of the damaged goods
*Please note that reimbursement will be issued within 30 days of us receiving notification of your wish to return goods.
12.1 You agree and acknowledge that Helmsley Wines own or have license to all copyright, database rights, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights on all parts of this website.
12.2 You are entitled to use the website only in accordance with the terms and conditions set out here. You must have our prior written consent to use any part of this website in any other manner.
12.3 All persons are prohibited from providing links to helmsleywines.co.uk, other than to our homepage, from either their own or a third parties website without the prior written consent of Helmsley Wines.
We warrant that all wines will be of a satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
14. Limitation of Liability
14.1 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
· Loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
· Loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
· Loss or damage relates to business and/or non-consumers.
14.2 Subject to 11.1 we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. We are especially not liable for spillages or breakages.
14.3 Customers should also be aware of the following risks and warnings:
· Alcohol should be consumed responsibly and in moderation.
· A case of wine is heavy and extra care should be taken when lifting.
· Wine, especially red wine, may cause staining if spilt, therefore extra care should be taken.
· Extra care should be take when opening champagne and sparkling wines as the build up of gasses can cause the cork to shoot out of the bottle at speed when opening.
15. Data Protection
16. Allergens: please note when ordering any of our wines or attending any of our events, some of the products contain allergenic ingredients and may contain nuts or their derivatives. For any allergenic information on our wines please call 01439 770829 or emailing
17. Gift vouchers: Helmsley Wines cannot take responsibility for lost or stolen gift vouchers.